[Aug 27, 2011] The GLOBE 1st Birthday party (Newcastle NE4 7AD)

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Vicky Vegas, Aug 22, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Vicky Vegas

Vicky Vegas .................

Over the last year, a little known venue in Newcastle has been transformed into one of the regions most talked about and loved underground club and music venues. With support from friends, family, and the music loving people of the North East, we've had 12 months of unbelievable events, world class DJ's and bands, and amazing memories that will stay in the hearts and minds of the GLOBE family forever. We couldn't have done it without you...steadily wearing away the dance floor with your non stop dancing, smiles, and good times...
    The year has well and truly flown by, and this Saturday night we celebrate our 1st Birthday. Please come and join us for a glass of champagne, music, dancing, and good times. Entry is of course free.

8pm - 9pm: Champagne reception.

8pm - 12am: Tunes, Dancing & Good times.

Music: Funky house/Electro House/Club Anthems

DJ's
    Kerry James (Revisits her 15 years of djing with a club anthems set)
    Vicky Vegas (House)
    Mick Lindsay (House)
    Ian Cox (Funky House)
    Dan Walker (Funky House)
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

Ive been to several events there over the last 12 months and is a great intimate venue for dance music - never had a bad night, and there have been some great DJs
  4. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Which events you going to Ash?
  5. Vicky Vegas

Thanks Ash, we've got some great new events and promoters coming on board over the next few months too, so plenty of new events over this next year :)
  6. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

I've been to a lot of the local dj nights (hardhouse/techno/hardstyle/dub-step), Bryan Kearney, and a Burlesque night from what I can recollect. Id compare as a better version of the cosmic, in terms of having a good party rave. My next night out's at the Dig on Sun I think. Not sure what else Ill be going to yet but Sasha will probs be 1 of them.
  7. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

Kool - more techno please ha - shame I missed the Raul Mezcolanza night you had on a fair while back now.

When the bar staff are upselling jager bombs you know its gona be a good night, ha.
  8. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Had a few enjoyable nights in there, but they need to turn some fucking lights off around that bar/seating area. It's like partying in the home lighting section of B&Q.
    BRID likes this.
  9. Vicky Vegas

lol. We've changed the lighting around that area over the last couple of months, so not so bright now :)
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

That Ian Cox is a decent DJ, even if he is a massive balding twat.
  11. graham

graham Registered User

:eek:

No disrespect to what Kerry and Vicky are doing but the cosmic on a good night is comfortably the best small club in the city for me, only maybe whq comes to mind as being in the same bracket.
    Carson likes this.
  12. MELT

MELT Registered User

no disrespect to what graham is saying but the cosmic on a good night WAS probably the best small club in the city(PAST TENSE)

it remains to be seen whether its refurb delivers the goods.

FOR ME cosmic isnt a patch on what it was when the likes of freaky dancing, habit, curves and junior g were running there on rotation
  13. graham

graham Registered User

Admittedly it was in need of a refurb (never realised how much until I played an early set there for the first time and saw it with the lights on...) but in terms of the space, lay out, sound etc its still probs the best in the city, definitely either there or the upstairs in whq for the size.

Fair point about it not being the club it was a few years ago, certainly line up wise. It hasnt had the big nights consistently over the past couple of years aside from Jaunt's parties there, know theres a couple more pencilled in later in the year so look forward to checking it out after the refurb and seeing which other promoters get involved there.
    Conway likes this.
  14. MELT

MELT Registered User

I agree with your comment in response to ash like cosmic has been without doubt the best small club in newcastle for a good while but for me the people who run it p*ss about with it far too much and in times gone by there have been far too many people putting their oar inwith the running of the place. Hopefully the refurb gives it a new lease of life but there was something about the dingyness of upstairs i kind of liked
  15. Vicky Vegas

Here's to the Globes first Birthday :) hopefully see a few of you down there
  16. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

In its heyday it was quality - especially during the Holden/Magda/Voorn years, but I don't think its what it was by a long shot.

I agree - WHQ is up there too for an intimate venue
  17. WorldonFire

WorldonFire No Pressure

congrats on the birthday vicky/kerry.

- regarding cosmic has it had another refurb so its no longer wall to wall chipboard? haha
    Conway likes this.
  18. Vicky Vegas