A Few things straight .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark, Jul 14, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Mark

Mark Registered User

A Few things straight .

I,ve read with interest everyones views and comments poted on here about the up and coming changes ,
    I,ve bitten my tongue whilst other promotors have come onto our board critisising foundation and its up and coming nights
    Because of this i,ve decided to comment on the true facts surrounding newcastle and its club life ,
    Foundation has done nothing wrong in this whole situation
    Newcastles clubland is stagnant because the city was dominated by one club and one brand
    Another venue opening is great news for you the customer and shouldbe seen in that way
    Foundation was left in a position 2 months ago where it had to find new nights to fill the entire weeks programming
    This we have now done
    This will give you the customer more choice
    People say foundation is boring
    Was it boring on saturday for rampling
    was it boring for masters at work
    The answer to that is NO , the venue became boring because the nights became stale (yes Promise Included)
    Do you think the next time we have a huge Dj on People will not Come
    The new nights to come in will bring a variety that has never been at the club ,
    The venue is about to undergo some changes and improvement which can only be a good thing for newcastles Scene.
    Enjoy Both venues , don,t look at it as one or the other
    This really is a posative thing for newcastle
    Whether everyone will see it the same i,m not so sure
    The king is Dead , Long live the King .
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

The Accademy
    Digital
    Foundation
    Unis
    Stage Door
    Cluny
    Archer
    Legends
    Krash

Newcastle is now spoilt for choice, I personally dont think all will survive... there's too much variety for such small scenes.

But only an idiot would write Foundation off, it has a very credible legacy in the town (your father probably pulled your mother there), it is one of the most advanced clubs in the north east and it has far too much money invested in it for them to just give up.

Shindig will be hard to compete with as it has such a strong legacy in the north east, my personal thoughts are foundation will come out worse for wear if foundation presents targets the same demographic...

Feedback looks set to blow stonelove out of the water, students dont care where they drink - tis all about where there mates go... and thursday nights in newcastle have always been foundation... the line ups piss all over stoneloves occassional d-list scratch dj.

The rest of the nights are anyones guess... Digital has the fresh vibe (but who knows it could be a shit club), where as foundation has herritage, its like the stonehenge of geordie night life ;)
  4. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

Re: A Few things straight .

Glad to hear this, it needed it.
  5. Steve_Linney

Steve_Linney Registered User

Having more venues will give the city more choice. That's one thing that has annoyed me a bit about Newcastle since moving from Glasgow.

In the end you can't complain about having two big clubs and more intimate ones like Stage Door and World HQ.
  6. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Anyone remember

traveller
    satellite
    sugar
    playrooms

thought not ;)
  7. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

it's the amount of people that wanna come out and hear good music that needs improving/increasing - instead of the people that just wanna come out and get 3 shots for the price of 1....
  8. Yosef Ha'Kohain

exactly...

its not like newcastle is a dead city the masses come out to drink stella and eat kebabs while porking XXL geordie slappers.
  9. Nicolai

Nicolai Registered User

Re: A Few things straight .

ok then, was it foundation who set off the fire alarm on sat night?

it's never ever happened in the 5years i've been going. i've been to busier and hotter nights there too.
  10. Congay

Congay Registered User

i wouldnt say ncl is spoilt for choice for DECENT nightclubs like, far from it.

There's not enough interest in clubbing for these clubs to work, the bad news is that its all about poncing about trendy bars with this weeks cool lager brand.

The clubbing population will not evenly spread itself out amongst these clubs enabling all to work, they will pack out a couple and the rest wont even pull in enuff to pay the bar staff.
  11. Congay

Congay Registered User

Re: Re: A Few things straight .

alarm-gate :lol:
  12. Mark

Mark Registered User

Re: Re: A Few things straight .

No it was not
    Funnily enough the last time it happened was on shindigs opening night
    Any member of staff setting off fire alarms would be sacked on the spot
    The problem was with a heat sensor behind the bar getting water in it .
    Why the Fuck would we let the fire alarm off , we were the ones that wanted the last party to happen
    Out of respect for the Shindig boys.
    Ask them.
  13. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

i do- traveller was at scotland yard, which another old venue
  14. smallerthanyoda

smallerthanyoda Registered User

i like foundation the way it is it is one the best clubs around for what it is aq nice dark club youve got a mint big dj stand and really good size floor please dont change it for the worse like.

I.E. CRASHER
  15. scruf

scruf Registered User

what about vuzz?
  16. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

more VENUES rather than nights...
  17. smallerthanyoda

smallerthanyoda Registered User

vuzz is a night not venue
  18. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

vuzz isnt a venue u tit

u coming round tonight for some eurotrip action?
  19. kidd

kidd Techno_walruz

:lol: :lol: Bigg Market
  20. Neil Buckley

Neil Buckley Registered User

I very rearly post on this board due to the fact of all the mindless cretins with a mentality of a slug.

I over the past months have watched certain people on this board rip promise and and the venue to bits, This weather you agree to it or not is a direct insult to Mark ,Richard and everyone who is involved within the club.

I personally thing that promise has been and always will be one of the best nights in the country and i think that Mark etc has done an outstanding job bringing you some of the best tallent in the world.

Music changes as does club life in general and unfortunatly people get older !!!!

Why do people persist in slating the club and its surroundings.... If you dont like it ...dont go the place will be better off without you.

Get over it !!!!

peace:love:
  21. Matt Wax:On

Matt Wax:On

Do you work for Feedback by any chance?...

Stonelove is successful because it is one of the most thoroughly promoted nights in Newcastle, flyer and poster distribution is untouchable...

As for d-list scratch djs: scratch perverts, the herbaliser, mr scruff, cash money, cutmaster swift... some of the biggest names in the business have all played the stonelove back room...

Feedback's line up is an enviable statement of intent, but Stonelove is not only the best performing night in Newcastle, but won Barvest's best performing night across the whole UK wide chain... you'd be naive to think you can just copy the music policy book some guests and 'blow stonelove out of the water'... People who go round trash talking well established nights often end up looking and feeling very silly.

For the record I thoroughly enjoyed our time at foundation and genuinely hope that the new nights bring the club continuing success whilst strengthening the local scene as a whole...