The Island (slight spoiler)

Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by French William, May 5, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. French William

French William _________________

The Island (slight spoiler)

Watched this last night, and really enjoyed it, but there's one small question that's been bugging me. Not sure if it was explained in the film and i missed it, or what, but what i want to is:

They have this lottery set up, so when they need to harvest one of the clones they tell them they've won the lottery and get to go to the Island. But... what explanation do they give (if any) as to why the clones can only get to the island by winning the lottery? If they're being told that there's one bit of 'uncontaminated' earth left, why can't they all just go there, instead of one-by-one?

It's only a minor detail, and didn't spoil the film at all, but was just a nagging thought all the way through.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Guest

ive seen bits and pieces off it, is it a good film? it is the one with tom cruise in it am i right?
  4. French William

French William _________________

:lol:

No, it's got Ewan McGregor, Sean Bean and Scarlett Johansson :)love: ) in it.
  5. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

It was ages ago when i seen this so i'm not sure.

Wasn't to prevent over populating was it? Maybe there wasn't enough space for everyone to live there comfortably hence the lottery?

Dunno really :confused: :)
  6. Guest

gutter :lol:
  7. Den

Den no, seriously.

there is no reason given. there is no island but the people in charge dont bother giving a reason as to why everyone cant go there at once they just brainwash them and dont let them know anything else so theyre all just happy living in that place purving on scarlett johanssons tits all day without asking questions.
  8. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

dont they have to wait until theyre ripe :lol: and the operation date on the original human is due?

plus it gives them hope that they'll be soon, cos if they left early they wouldnt be ready for the operation
  9. BenC

BenC

Finally got round to watching this the other day and I quite liked it, plenty of action which I wasnt expecting and Scarlett Johansson running about in a tight white number was also fun to watch.

I loved the car chase scene and the hover bike bit it looked like they put alot of time and effort into making that scene and it paid off well. The attention to detail on the cars crashing was very very good!!!

I was surpirsed at Ewan McGregors acting too, normally im not a fan but he seemed to pull it off in this movie :up:

Rating: 8/10
  10. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

i would pull it off too if i was working with scarlett johansson :lol: