The Hurtlocker

Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by Congay, Jan 7, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Congay

Congay Registered User

The Hurtlocker

Disapointed with this, billed as the best war movie or a decade i found it little more than a well shot pro american plod on.

Not much better than a ep of Generation Kill.

The bit where the yanks come across the British SAS who then panic and get killed as if they are lame conscipts :facepalm:

The yanks take one of the SAS's sniper rifles (a special 'long' distance model) and then amazing take out 3 Hadgies from about a mile away.

FFS these troops are sup to be Bomb disposal then they are sniping moving targets from a mile away with another armys weapons, GO USA!

PAH
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. danny_m

danny_m Papa Toon

I really enjoyed it. Thought the tension built up with the bomb disposals was excellent.

The pro-America themes that go hand in hand with these films need to be taken with a pinch of salt. It's still a good film.
  4. Congay

Congay Registered User

yeah the bomb disarming where good. The bit where he finds its attached to five others :lol:

make me want to read the book "8 lives down" about the brit BD teams
  5. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

aye the bit about the SAS was tripe like, the continual anti british shite that gets churned out of hollywood is getting old like
  6. Congay

Congay Registered User

my mate just finished a special forces course in the wlesh mountians with army & SF from around the world. The basic US Rangers actually beat the american version of the SAS, Delta Force in the event. That shows you how bad the usa sf are