Paul Shepherd - Side Splitter

Discussion in 'Productions' started by Paul_Shepherd85, Dec 23, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Paul_Shepherd85

Paul_Shepherd85 .

2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

is it supposed to sound like 2 completely different songs played over the top of each other at the same time?
  4. Paul_Shepherd85

Paul_Shepherd85 .

is that you trying to be funny?
  5. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

i understand it might look that way, but no mate

the bass doesnt sit with the rest of the track, it sounds like theres a lot (too much) happening with the synths and it doesnt sound like its all in the same key

its called sidesplitter and you used a safety smiley - hence the question

no offence meant, just offering an opinion
  6. Paul_Shepherd85

Paul_Shepherd85 .

are ok cheers for your input i did try different thing with the track to see f i cud come up with somethin different. iv got a few fx on the bass and iv duplicated the keys synth and adjusted the pitch on them, that might be making it sound like it has been pulled out of key.
  7. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

aye, that will do it - if you're transposing notes it still has to remain in the key. changing it by 7steps (semitones) or 12 will keep it right usually, but just look at it like an octave on the keyboard.

detuning on the other hand (to give it that electro sound) should be done first, then anything you do to make the sound wider should be done afterwards - knocked back in time and in a different octave or panned for example

a week is a long time to spend on a track like, i start getting really accustomed to noises pretty quick - this morning i woke up and took a listen to something i did late last night and could spot the errors straight away. i didnt correct them when i should and before long i stopped hearing them lol
  8. Paul_Shepherd85

Paul_Shepherd85 .

yeah i know wot you mean i do normally try to keep it in the same key in other octaves but it was sounding a bit flat. but your right my ears are mashed ill have a bit of a mess on sometime with it later. :)