Native Instruments Maschine

Discussion in 'Productions' started by BRID, Feb 7, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Native Instruments Maschine

Anyone got one of these? Any good?

... from the NI site it almost looks like a one stop shop for putting tunes together, or at least doing something simple(ish).
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. fizz

fizz Registered User

Yes Brid, Again got one of these myself actually, Fantastic piece of kit, MKX and Proudy will tell you that too!!

got one in store if you want me to demo it for you?? Perfect for Drums, grooves and sampling. you can create a full track with one of these (more housey or techno of course) but nothing stopping you using it to produce the drum track for a trance production or something similar.

Of course it can also be sync'd up to another laptop running ableton or Traktor for a live performance, or simply use it as a midi controller without the software to control Traktor or Ableton Live (bit like an APC40 or launchpad).
  4. BRID

Bought one from the USA last week - It gets delivered tomorrow along with a NI Audio Kontrol 1 ;)

Unfortunately, it would be great to have you demo it for me, but as you might know from when i bought the Traktor Kontrol X1 from you last week ...... i live darn sarf ;).

Cant wait to have a bash on it - i've never liked music production software much, so i thought i'd give this a go as a last stab! If im utterly terrible i suppose i can use it as a midi controller for traktor.

Whats the best way to learn how to use it - any reccommendations for tutorial sites, videos, books?
  5. fizz

fizz Registered User

Ahh forgot you were down south mate,

Best way to learn, i guess would actually be from someone showing you in person. But the Maschine demos on the NI youtube channel are good.
  6. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

Pressing buttons until it makes awesome noises ;)

I couldnt get my head around what this machine actually did, is it just a tangible sequencer?
  7. fizz

fizz Registered User

The thing with the Maschine against an MPC is obviously you use a computer with it. With the MPC you dont have much memory where as with the Maschine you have your whole Hard Disk of Samples to use and the library is the same as the Kore Browser so searching and tagging samples is easy.

Obviously with the Maschine you use a much larger screen (your monitor) whereas the MPC is a tiny little LCD display to sequence your grooves. Now you can use a mouse with the Maschine.

Also, the Maschine is a VST plug-in, so producing beats and drum grooves within your sequencer host (Ableton, Cubase, Logic) has never been easier!! Honestly I have an MPC on show here and its a headache to use.

And I know different types of drum machines have different sound and tones to them, but when you see the features and the ease of use the Maschine offers I can't see the MPC standing up against it much in the modern age.

Still it is personal preference at the end of the day. MPC's are great as you don't need a laptop for starters, they just feel limited and harder to use.
  8. forks

forks still not dead

9. MK X

MK X Registered User

About the best addition i made to my studio last year. Still picking things up as i go but its some piece of kit. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to be as creative as they can be as the options are endless.
  10. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

Quality machine like everything there, rts aswell which is mint.
  11. BRID

Managed an hour or so on it last night .... what i've done so far sounds utterly utterly shit, but i'm getting used to it quite quickly!

The 5gb of samples it comes with are brilliant!

.... looks the nuts as well ;)
  12. fizz

fizz Registered User

Brid, Get your own samples, grab a couple of Vengeance sample packs or Loopmasters and get them imported into your Maschine library, the ones you get with Maschine are good but when you start using your own sample from sample packs it improves it so much.

I might be writing some Tutorials for Maschine for a certain website very soon, so let me know what questions you may have or what type of tutorial may be good for you as a newbie.