My first full track - Feedback appreciated!

Discussion in 'Productions' started by trance250, Mar 23, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. trance250

trance250

My first full track - Feedback appreciated!

My first full track on Ableton - not my first go but the first one I've finished. Not 100% happy with the mastering but its getting there (any tips would be appreciated!)

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/si-whelan/si-whelan-making-progress-original[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Let me know what you think :up:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. graham

graham Registered User

Musically it isnt my thing mate though happy to give anyones first attempt a listen :)

To me the track seems very mid heavy - theres a lot going on with the synths that it kind of takes over the track.

You can tell from listening to it that the ideas are there in your production that is the most important thing when you are starting out, it could be a personal preference thing though i would say to drop out some of the synths or look again at the levels to make them more subtle, then do some more work on the top and bottom ends - like for example give it more of a thumping kick drum and bring out the bass, and use side chaining under the kick to make sure the kick really comes through.

Thats totally personal preference on listening to it though and bear in mind i dont listen to trance, so feel free to ignore if you dont agree ;)
  4. trance250

trance250

Thanks for listening! Appreciate the feedback :up:

I do agree on the levels, mastered it myself (which I'm a total novice at) and just couldn't seem to get it quite right. Also I thought listening back the kick wasn't as powerful as it needed to be - something I had already changed but overdid, then under again lol was sounding perfect but then when I burned it to cd and played it (through the same speakers) it sounded totally different, trial and error over and over. I'll get there though :)
  5. graham

graham Registered User

Yeah i learned that lesson very quickly myself mate - to be honest if you are wanting to get your stuff mastered then i would pay someone else to do it.

Its a skill in itself and one that i still wouldn't be confident at doing myself now, you can get people locally to do it for as little as £10 a track which takes the whole ball ache of trying to do it yourself away :lol:
  6. trance250

trance250

yeah i have thought of doing that, but i think i'd get more satisfaction out of doing everything myself. take me a few years longer like but im not going anywhere lol
  7. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

Sounds good m8, sounds like you've put a good bit work in there, just mess about with it a bit more as said above & make the kick a bit more powerfull.

Nomatter how many times I've thought Right!, track finished.. I always ended up adding more in at the last min lol.

Hat off to you though, & any1 else working on stuff :up: nouts easy when producing these days.
  8. trance250

trance250

Cheers mate! Yeah I could quite happily never 'finish' this lol just thought enough was enough and started something else. Defo still got some work to do though :up: