jOOf's blog

Discussion in 'Music' started by forks, Jan 18, 2013.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. forks

forks still not dead

" It’s important to remember, things don’t come to you in life, and you need to make them happen. The one thing that’s missing from my life, I want a club. I’d be interested if you know the perfect underground/warehouse venue that needs some TLC. If you’ve got the club, I’ve got the ideas."
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I take it he's not talking about a nine iron.

Damn shame that one of the north east's former favourite underground clubs is now a set of bland offices, I'd imagine that would be on most people's lists up here...
    patrickdevereux likes this.
  4. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

I'd say we need a horrifically long, deep and dark recession before the NE has anything resembling a cool nightclub scene again, and not the whole 'zombie economy' one we have now where you wouldn't know anything had even happened if you walk around town on a Saturday.

Younger people need their celebrity and fashionista wannabe attitudes kicked out of them en masse before you have a chance of getting that underground edgy vibe back. Maybe if the Gate shut down, 50 thousand people were made redundant and the quayside and Collingwood street went back to being ghost towns again like they were in 1997.

Obviously nobody wants that to happen, but as long as you have places like Digital around, and the beer monster bars and clubs all owned and controlled by large entertainment corporations, there won't be anything like Promise again. IMHO.
    patrickdevereux, Conway and forks like this.
  5. MELT

MELT Registered User

foundation evolved from the riverside and it will be a long time maybe never until you have anything like the riverside again.

theres a whole generation obsessed with abs carbs and being famous without working out why theyu want to be famous.

WHY NOT AIM TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING and if FAME AND MONEY FOLLOWS, BONUS
    BRID likes this.
  6. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

7. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    As much as I agree with what has been said. Imho its not the clubs or the people. The music has changed. Its simply progression of music.

An example being rock and roll. When that first came about it was underground. Look at it now.