Info FREE DJ & PRODUCTION TRAINING

Discussion in 'Music' started by UMT, Jun 11, 2012.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. UMT

UMT

[​IMG]
    UMT Academy - Now Recruiting
    UMT Academy is the North East’s leading music training facility for DJs, producers and singers.
    At UMT Academy you can train to a professional level alongside pop, urban and electronic music experts. Our expert tutors take you through a course designed for your level of experience that will bring out the best in your performance.
    The UMT Studios at Hoults Yard, Newcastle, create an environment for talent to thrive. Using state of the art equipment and dedicated practice areas, you will learn new techniques to Create, Record and Perform new music.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CREATE
    Since graduating from UMT BEATS Gordon has kept himself busy being 1/5 of Newcastle's Shift-Static, creating glitchy, unsettling sonic canvases with their latest EP mixed and mastered by UMT tutor Danny Linton. Gordon has also remixed tracks for the likes of Zebra and Snake and Blank Canvas and regularly DJs at various nights.
    After seeing posters for UMT all over Newcastle Gordon decided to get in touch - seeing our course as a good opportunity to meet some likeminded people in the North East - and he wasn't disappointed. Gordon says:
    "The best part was meeting a group of people (including the tutors) who were all down to earth and addicted to making music! The relaxed atmosphere of the studio meant everyone could have a laugh as well as interacting and learning from each other's skills."
    On the production side of things Gordon says that he "learnt how to properly get my head into mixing and pick out clever techniques people use to get their tunes sounding that bit sweeter.
    I learnt useful nuggets of information you might think are insignificant but actually make a huge difference. I learnt a lot of the foundations that allowed me to go home and build on my production skills much quicker than I would have done previously.
    On the DJing side I was a complete novice - just spending time with the equipment helped me learn what music works together, how to get startedwith beat matching and how to drop in some occasionally tasteful, mostly over the top effects."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    RECORD
    Generator's UMT VOX course has always had a high success rate in terms of discovering and developing the region's best singers.
    Causing a serious stir throughout the music industry, Lulu James graduated from the UMT class of 2011 and is going from strength to strength. Continuing to work alongside her UMT Tutor and producer, Dom P (aka Dom Zilla), Lulu unleashed debut EP 'Rope Mirage' in April, has recently signed a major publishing deal and is one of this year's biggest A&R buzz artists, with many labels wanting to work with her.
    Rave reviews and recommendations from the likes of The Guardian and The Recommender, and support slots with Mercury Music Prize nominee Ghostpoet prove that Lulu's voice was born to flow over synthesized, button-made music in a wonderful juxtaposition and is a highly promising contribution to the new breed of soulful post-dubstep.
    For Lulu UMT played a vital part in discovering who she is as an artist and song writer as well as giving her the opportunity to work with her fantastic producer, Dom ZIlla. Lulu plays many festivals this summer, including the main stage at Evolution Festival.
    Another success story from UMT VOX 2011 is 20 year old Amy Holford who had been singing and writing for a few years before collaborating with lead tutor Mark Lowry to produce down-tempo house track ‘Criminal’ last year. Amy said:
    "VOX really built my musical knowledge and gave me the confidence and gumption to really go for it with my songwriting. It boosted my creative ability and made me think more proactively, which is so important in the music industry. The tutors helped me consider alternative career options that would retain my credibility, instead of gaining only experience. The course gave me the opportunity to work on my music and just as importantly to collaborate."
    Since taking the course, Amy has continued to work with Mark as well as a number of regional producers. Her name is synonymous with the North East music scene where her live shows have astounded early adopters. She has recently supported Newton Faulkner, Willy Mason and Lucy Rose and will perform at the UMT Emerging Stage at Evolution Festival (see below).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PERFORM
    UMT Academy students are given the opportunity to perform at high-profile events such as UMT BEATS & VOX Wrap Parties and the UMT Emerging Stage at Evolution Festival.
    The UMT Emerging Stage brings the best emerging talent to the region's biggest music event, including graduates of UMT VOX and UMT BEATS.
    [​IMG]
    Click here for more information
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Recruiting Now
    Generator's UMT Academy offers a range of studio packages for singers, DJs and producers to build a career in music. We are currently recruiting for the next UMT BEATS and UMT VOX courses, both beginning on June 26th.
    If you're an aspiring DJ, Producer, Singer or MC, our fully funded courses are available to 16-24 year olds in the North East. Spaces are extremely limited so we request that you express an interest before Wednesday 13th June.
    Please email Bob Allan or call Bob on 0191 255 4468 for more information.
    Urban Music Training and BEATS, VOX & PLAY form part of NE Generation and has been funded by the Legacy Trust UK, creating a lasting impact from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games by funding ideas and local talent to inspire creativity across the UK.
    For more information on NE Generation related events around the Cultural Olympiad, click here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. 1615634792921.png