DETOX presents: INDEPENDENCE – SATURDAY 5TH JULY: 2pm – 2am

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by fiddla, Jun 2, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

:lol: Im not surprised, some maniac lighting a full box of matches in a tent would freak me out a bit too haha!

Did I leave a white n pink adidas jacket in your car by any chance?
  2. adam.

adam. kthxbi

aye i think you did, charlotte still hasnt emptied it, the doors are still caked in mud and have 'rally' written up the side :lol:
  3. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

:lol: no bother, its some lass I knows. Forgot she'd even given me it. Ill just get it back at Kiddstock or something
  4. Play

Play Registered User

gutted 2 tents were down when we got there , as i was really looking forward to mark j after his nucastle podcast. but great to see littlewood in the main room :king: lethal.

i had a really fuckin good time on sat !!! us lot always seem to have an amazing night @ detox. thanks to the elements & beat therapy lads for havin us on in there :king: :king: me and dan loved it!!! if you's ever need to pull something off like this in the future get in touch as i know a lad with a really healthy sound system we could hire and would have put the room/tent on par with the other 2 rooms systems that day/night.

awesome banter with everyone there. had a right laugh with everyone :up: :up:
  5. Play

Play Registered User

also, the t-shirts that zoe jez and ness had one were fuckin awesome!!! made our night like!!!

awesome design Kieran ;) ;) ;)
  6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    -----------------------------------------------

blame god for the rain,he had to much to drink on friday

to be honest,the backlash tent was the best place for decent people that evening run by the soundest crew in the town :)...(and a good rolling table supplyed also,thankyou)..there was a techno tent,it just wasnt there,perhaps it was stil stuck in the fied were it was the last time i seen it,also at the bottom of a hill, perhaps a good palce to keep the noise contained a bit.

also why should you drive 5 mins to go to a party?..its about a unused location,im not arsed there wasnt a metro station,were you.:) ..and erm if it was local the fuzz would shut it down in 1hr..with no support they watch and yern for illegal drivers

charvas,woopie do,as its there first time they are so amazed they enjoyed it..but after a reality check with locals,there are so many younger different faces who to be honest just dont now the real crack :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

no point complaining any1,cos you'l just go to the next one,like the last 1 and the 1 before that and the 1 before that . :) it was a benny hill rave full of noddys
  7. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

thats why i never offerd cos iknew you were on dad dutys :lol: :lol:
  8. andysouth

andysouth Hard trance FTW

Were they watching and yerning for illegal drivers?? I was keepin an eye out & didn't see any coppers at all, must've slipped through their net if they were sniffin round. Was clear headed by the time I left like but still wouldn't have fancied a roadside interrogation
  9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

of course they watch,they parked next to use for a bit.

went to the error outdoor event and the bizzies pulled in,out i jumped from the motorhome dress in a tin foil get-up . i was driving.
  10. forks

forks still not dead

the thing about detox is it's a great bunch of people who are gonna have a good time no matter what. There are always problems doing any one off event and it's never going to run smooth.
    if you want a slick run event go to a slick club, get charged a fortune entry and for booze, see how far you get taking our own in. get hassled by bouncers and surrounded by posers.
    everybody gets stressed out when they are trying to do their best in difficult circumstances and people say and do things they regret later.
    I had a cracking time, if I didn't like what was being played I moved to another tent. no big deal. All this moaning on is boring and pointless.
  11. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

good as gold me. ahem.
  12. andysouth

:lol: :lol: haha classic!

Did pass a cop van on a roundabout on the way home and they seemed to sit there for ages debating whether to bother pestering me or not, thankfully their tea was going cold and they couldn't be arsed shining a torce in my eyes
  13. adam.

adam. kthxbi

aye i suppose the weather was totally unavoidable like, and the reason for me complaining about the hill was due to the water off the rain running down into the tents etc....

ill always be at the next one, never underestimate melticus :wink:
  14. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

um,dip the choco biscottie or pull them over??? biscottie it is shierif

long way to whickham like,i was about 4 mile closer:)
  15. andysouth

:D

U drive home as well like? Its defo gotta be the bus for me next time

Yeah took bout 45 mins to get back - not quite as long as getting home from Global last year though! Had to stop at a services for a kip that time. The wreckheads you see driving out of that place is insane
  16. MELT

MELT Registered User

you know nowt about the logistics of the event to be able to comment fully.

and re: security there was security, who were paid off due unprofessional conduct after 2-3 hours

Sure there may have been a handful of people blagged in for nowt, but that happens at every outdoor event.

and before you go misinterpreting what I said to you because believe me I was sober and you clearly werent: you had a couple of things explained to you. 'If local djs are going to turn up late all over the place : then is it any wonder we had to juggle the sets around':
  17. MELT

MELT Registered User

your comment here as good as passes the inference that my lass is a housewife she is not she has a profeesional career - she chooses not to go to these events out of not having an interest in the music or the charcaters that attend and now I can see why she makes such a well informed decision.

to say that without having ever met her and knowing virtually zero about her is canny insulting.

I wasnt trying to talk down to you, have I ever been rude to you in the last 3-4 years that I have known you... the answer is NO, i told you to get out of my face after I had 4 of you screaming abuse in my face at the saem time.

i don't really want to deal with people who are verging on being verbally and physically abusive to me, its just not on.

i've spoken to steve this morning and a melt-smigz peace accord is close to being brokered

:wink: :angel2: :chill:
  18. MELT

MELT Registered User

yeah september then gone

:chill:
  19. MELT

MELT Registered User

they came in and had a word with static, to inform us that everything was going smooth and there had only been 1 noise complaint in 12 hours

re: location: you cant do this in just any field anywhere, you would get too many noice complaints or get shut down

you have 2 types of clubbers - the ones who like to be in the warm indoors and those who likes the great outdoors

you are never going to keep them all happy.
  20. Pierre

Pierre

Melt i didint attend but one thing i do have is the upmost respect for you and the team to pull off an event like this. Some people are going on as if you've just hired a room stuck a few dj's in hey presto your running a fucking festival i went to Hifi which had lots of £££ thrown behind it and it was a complete disaster.

It was the first event your bound to have teething problems but i'm sure Mr Melt will learn from this years mistakes and make the next one even better.

Detox still blows tho :lol: Joke mate