Blackout FM launched. A pro quality station station in the vein of WEAR FM!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by Blackout FM, May 4, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone remembers the good old days, ie the early 90s. Electronic music was just taking hold and it was a very exiting time for dance music in general.

I grew up in Washington and Houghton, and would religiously listen to Wear FMs Boogie Bass and Soul Fish slots. These shows greatly influenced my formative years and no doubt have a great affect on my musical tastes even to this day. I know many people as far North as Morpeth and south as Middlesborough feel this way about Wear FM also.

As such for decades I have looked for mixes but to be honest there are quite thin on the ground and the quality is usually naff to ok at best.

So, we have taken it upon ourselves to reinvent a tribute show to Wear FM. Playing Old Skool classics such as Q by mental cube and Atomic Playboy etc etc with shouts out and guest mixes. All in the spirit of the Crimewatch, Blackout, Top ranking shows.

Please note, the main reason for our show is not to replace Wear FM but more raise awareness to stop it vanishing into obscurity. Since the demise of the show I personally feel the North East music scene has a gap that has never been filled. Im not going to be bold enough to say we can fill it, but were doing our best. Its worth remembering there is a generation below us who have never heard of Wear FM :-/

Please have a mooch on over to our site for a wealth of info on Wear FM and our very latest show. Any feedback welcomed and also shouts and guest mixes for our up and coming shows. As in with the spirit of Wear FM we are only to happy to promote other shows and events etc, we are not in competition with anyone an more see our position as a part of the North East music scence. (On that note if the promotor of detox reads this do get in touch - what your doing with the old skool room is superb!) Of course Blackout FM is totally free and always will be.

The response we have had so far has been amazing, we have even had many international shouts and we have only done one show. It is worth noting that even if your not a fan of Wear FM yet liked the old skool scene (cant see how that could be as they go hand in hand to me) then there is still something for you at blackout FM

Blackout FM Admin

www.blackoutfm.co.uk
    Ash1 likes this.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Calling @MELT @586 @james909 - this may be of interest... :)

Welcome to the board :up:
  4. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Hi Conway :)
  5. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

earlgrey will like a bit of this as well.

is the show only broadcast online?
  6. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

@586 - Thanks so much for the comments and joining Blackout FM. Makes it worth while doing.

@Chewy - Yes, only broadact online as a podcast. Im getting torrents set up in both 128 MP3 and 700MB wav so people can take their pick and download

Personally im not a fan of streaming, but this is also available via soundcloud. It pays to give people options.

Ideally Id love people to burn the show to a CD and play it in the car or at home over a pizza much like Wear FM was listened to.

Any feedback on the show is eagerly awaited. Good or bad as long as constructive is always useful. I would ask though before commenting people listen to the full thing and on a proper sound system and not their laptop speakers lol
  7. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

Downloading now, used to love Wear FM
  8. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Thanks S.E.C.T - Please let me know what you honestly think.

Dont forget guys. If you like what you hear, please join the site, get your shouts in (allthough im getting bloody tons) and 15 minute guest mixes are a must.

The idea is a 30 mix from The M.I.C, then 2 x 15 minute guest mixes and then play out with a classic tune. Sort of a Tune of the week type affair.

Looking to promote fellow old school nights and and DJs concerned with the scene also. But just like wear FM, a firm emphasis on fun. Blackout FM will be of the highest standard at al times but also never take itself too serious. Life is hard enough as it is.
  9. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

its certainly alot smoother than our attempts at peakingfm :lol: have a listen here to some of the stuff we did/do www.peakingfm.mypodcast.com

Good stuff :up: is it available via podcast? makes life loads easier if it as as itunes will download it automatically every month for me.
  10. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Hey Chewie,

Thanks man.

Fancy doing a guest mix? Your the ideal candidate if you already run a podcast show.

EDIT - JUst listening to Long time with chewie 04. Loving the first tune. Never come across it before. This is another reason for guest mixes. My own selfish reasons to find out hidden gems.
  11. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

Earlgrey who is part of peakingfm is your man. He's bang into his old school.
  12. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Cool man. Could you ask him and see what he says. No pressure. Got some people lined up already but I can never have to many irons in the fire really.
  13. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

@586

THats a tall order mate. Make it a 30 minute mix (2 x 15 mins to allow for jingles and branding) and you got yourself a deal. (Or ill try my very best and make a start right away.)

Do you want me to advertise Detox. I really dont mind, it would be my pleasure. What those guys are dong in the old skool room is great.(Are you one of them?)
  14. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

He's a member on here and will prob be commenting shortly. Will give him a shout if he doesn't
  15. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Thanks Chewie.

Tried to send you a PM re podcasting on iTunes. I started a conversation what may be the same thing. Have a check mate when you get a sec.
  16. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    evening blackoot - could be possible as my time of having time to do music stuff is returning very soon.. on in room2 on the 14th .

like chewy says we already have the knowledge for podcasts and shows (even on the fm) . be nice to dust off the buttons in the studio once again
  17. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

ha ha , his shows are tammed down - 'o the days....
  18. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Hi Earl Gray.

Superb fella. 596 has asked me to put out a show prior to Detox. Im still waiting to hear if he wants me to promote it what I dont mind at all.

If both of you could come up with a few 15 minute mixes between you I should be able to get a show together within a week or so.

If I have to do all the music and everything else thats too tall an order. But if you can both give me something like 2 or 3 x 15 minute guest mixes I can concentrate on the rest.
  19. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Hi guys, im feeling the love here and its superb! Thanks tons for the support so far.

Could I ask you all sign up to the site when you get a chance. The more members the better for us really.
  20. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

il send u over a couple 15's for you by the weekend
  21. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Thanks Earl Grey / 586

Not to sound pushy but if were to get this out prior to Detox it will take me a week after all the mixes are in.

So I cant start until the music is ready.

Naturally ill be putting together some mixes myself.

Looking forward to this challenge.
  22. Blackout FM

Blackout FM

Do you want me to promote Detox? IE mention it in the show and the date and other details re the old skool room? Let me know fellas
  23. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

i can send it over 2morrow evening due to work work work- keeping the 140's for a week or so