Bass Generator 1992-1993 REZ ANTHEMS set from EH1

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by bass_generator, Apr 14, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. bass_generator

bass_generator

Bass Generator 1992-1993 REZ ANTHEMS set from EH1

DOWNLOAD IT NOW...

http://soundcloud.com/bassgenerator/eh1-mix

...or just listen to it on the player!

Join my "followers" for up to date info. on more mixes and debut tracks when I've done them.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Haha, this is quality.
    Loads of memories of my school days/judgement days!
  4. james909

james909 Registered User

Same especially the classical music they always used to play at the start of Rez at 10pm as the soundsystem got cranked up and lazer show started.
  5. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

I never went to a Rez event, I went to a few of the Judgement Days, i was lucky to get in because I was pretty young at the time, didnt want to travel to Scotland to get knocked back!
  6. james909

james909 Registered User

Went up there at 16 for a nye back when DJ SS, Carl Cox and EasyGroove used play along side Tanith and the like. Missed out on the event 1 when i was 15 by being ill and the Event 2 for fucking up my gcse's (Surposed to get 8 a-c's) only got 6 a-c so my parents would not let me go untill the NYE's one. Gutted i missed the Event 2 as Human Resource,GTO Dj Squad were on as well as laurent garnier,Jeff Mills and Richie Hawtin.

Went to about 20 JD's in Row from went it first started at at uni in November 1994 i think untill i went to uni in preston in 1996.

Over 15 years ago since my first rave and over 18 since my first tapes of Hardcore and Acid house.

Then Happy hardcore/Bouncy Techno killed scotland's big Raves and gave the Northeast Rave scene Makina,Scouse, Darren Styles and the MC led culture that alot of the youth like today.:facepalm:
  7. bass_generator

bass_generator

What killed Scotland's big raves was that the people who were into it from 1991-1992 stuck with it for 5 years then got bored with it and stopped going. Overdose of Happy Hardcore at the end didn't help to keep the interest up like, nor did it entice the "young Un's" to become the new breed of raver.
    The North-East scene died for the same reason, people got bored/too old to go raving and there wasn't enough new blood to support a big event. Judgement Day stopped in 1999 and Makina nights took over where all they played was Makina, nothing else. Judgement Day had 3 or 4 rooms running with different styles of music. That, the Mc'ing and the "WestEnds the best end" attitude wrecked it.
  8. james909

james909 Registered User

Guy to be fair at rez used to book Techno dj's,Gabbers Djs,Trance dj's,Breakbeat Djs,Jungle Dj's and that kept it interesting when it went mainly Happy Hardcore and the later Bouncer Techno alot of as you say the older heads moved on the over 16's policy did not help either.

I know about JD most of my mate's played in the gabber room (Loftgroover in the main room was a great night) again jd followed the trends of scotland and the local Mc afterdark,collosum style music which paved the way for what we have today, i stopped going regulary when Techno-T and like started being on regulary and i moved away and found the Orbit,Voodoo and Bugged Out to me the clubs where more like early Rez's and jd's with the mix of poeple and music.

All oft his just from my own view, no diss at yourself as i used to love your sets at Rez and Judgement day for a good view years and spent a lot of money in your shop and the mix you posted brings back alot of memorys.

Just wish the scene had kept devolping the way it was up to 1995-1996 but nothing last for ever.
  9. bass_generator

bass_generator

Used to love the Rez way of all styles under one roof.
    Up to 1994 I used to advise them on who to book but when I started running events in Scotland it was a clash of interests so they dropped me from resident spot and started booking the acts themselves. Hence the excessive gabber line up's followed by the excessive happy hardcore line up's.
    Loads of factors to blame on the demise but basically the music fell on virgin ears in 1991-1992 and over time the people decided on their preference and split. Judgement Day had to adapt to keep the event fresh and above all, busy! Shame it was happy hardcore then Mc's + Makina, never my favourite style but I had to provide it to keep the majority coming.
  10. james909

james909 Registered User

I kind of enyjoyed usa vs scotland and the nightmare and hearing the rotterdam dj's at JD and Rez but it was no where near as good a diversity as the early raves that diversity of Rez inspires me to this day for dance music, the split seems to happen in all scene's at some point now more rapidly now than ever before.

To me just music i like be it italo disco, 80's influenced electro,rotterdam gabber, Acid, house. Too old for scene's and too principled to play music i don't like.

Thanks for the mix as covers lots of different styles in it some i don't like some i love something you don't see a lot of these days.
  11. bass_generator

bass_generator

Track listing added to soundcloud download page
  12. Dan

Dan Registered User

You were the person that actually got me into dance music. I cant thank you enough for that because ive had so many amazing nights out listening to different styles over the years. Ive got so many good memorys of listening to your sets. Your store down Dean Street gave me my first taste of early trance in the form of a DJ Dag mix tape as well. This set put a massive smile on my face, it brought back so many memories of when i was a younger. :)
  13. bass_generator

bass_generator

:)
    Had a mint Dag tape in 1994/5 had Cj Bolland on the other side.
  14. Dan

Dan Registered User

It might have been the same one because it was from around that year. I think i had a mix of Carl Cox from the same event as well but i might be wrong. When did the shop shut down? I remember walking past when i was around 16 - 17 and it had gone. :(
  15. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Everything did get harder & faster & then there was massive bailouts by punters. Also the north east all nighters all closing didnt help as there were many a kid that got on the rave tip because of them places. Saw the same thing with hard house @ Sundissetial in Leeds bank holiday Sundays it got massive, the 2 main rooms got harder & faster & in the last few events I went to before I stopped going I just stayed in the Funkissential room listening to funky house along with loads of other one time HH regulars. Trance was similar it got harder faster & then hard trance came & again loads of people bailed out.
  16. NicolaTeexx

NicolaTeexx

Cant wait to get a listen of thiss...

Av got nearly all the Rez sets on my ipod! Ah love them :king: