a huge gondola

Discussion in 'Productions' started by Jase, May 15, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

:up:
    Class but cheesy as owt Jay.
  4. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

ha! thanks for listening Jimster, appreciate it matey :)

it is a bit galaxy radio like :lol:

think i'm gonna go with the bass line style a bit more and drop that lead synth back in the mix a bit, but i've just woke up so that might be a big lie :D
  5. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Haha, its catchy as owt.
  6. graham

graham Registered User

Canny idea this mate, could definitely see it doing well as a bit of a cheesy dance anthem.

As you say its very 'galaxy radio' in terms of the sound though from what i have heard on the clip the production sounds spot on. :D
  7. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

thanks for listening Graham :)

i spent most of the time fiddling with sounds like, still got a lot of learning to do on the mastering side of things though :up:
  8. graham

graham Registered User

Mastering is a total ballache like, i dont even try now i just pay to get it done externally.

It will save me money in the long run, as if i had continued to try to do it myself my mac would have ended up going through the window :lol:
  9. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

pmsl aye!

im still in a strange place as to knowing how much needs to be done before sending off a track to be mastered - i would hate to shell cash out to have something returned i wouldnt like. and then in the same respect, i need to make something worth spending money on in the first place :lol:

still plugging away at it though - this was my first real bash at ableton 8, still getting to know it i reckon :)
  10. graham

graham Registered User

I would say really once you are happy with the mix down of a track and there's nothing further you want to do to it then thats the time to master.

In terms of getting something back you don't like, the lad who does mine is totally sound and sends me over clips of the master for me to check out. I then give him feedback and he keeps doing this until i am happy. Then i pay him before he sends me the full track.

To be honest its only £25 as well and he does the mastering for some pretty big producers who i am into, so you always know that it will be decent quality :up:
  11. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

the problem i have is, i listen to my 'finally happy' version, then i listen to a mastered track and i think 'for fuck sakes'.

ive noticed theres more and more places you can get it done for 30 ish quid, but because they're charging such a little amount, it puts me off using them. i have a feeling its just someone sticking an l2 on the master and making a quick buck. i'd rather not pay someone money for something i could do myself :up:
  12. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

cheers for listening marty, appreciate it mate :up: :)

aye, i can probably have another look at those claps like. without going back for a listen i think they're a bit loose on the timing which makes them come over a bit more sloppy during the break

i'm leaving it for a day or two while i play with the 'zipped up' track :)
  13. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

aye, i'll get back to it shortly. im trying to get in to a habit of not dwelling too long on projects - or i get bored to tears with them

i like the dynamics on the zipped up track, but i think it cuts short too early - needs more things going on in a shorter space of time - and it needs a second break

i dont usually do that tech-house flavour so it is what it is :D
  14. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

fidget cheese hew, its class :D

all the mastering business went right over my head :lol:
  15. Jase

Jase Blue Booked