£3000 top up fee's for students each year

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BRID, Dec 3, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

Admittedly not much of our society is environmentally friendly. That's not exactly a good reason not to make some effort though is it?

Don't get me started on wind turbines etc, I work in the energy industry!
  2. scruf

scruf Registered User

Re: £3000 top up fee's for students each year

I fail to see why EVERYONE sould go into higher education??? what fucking good is a business studies degree in life??? my brother and sisters who went to uni 91 - 02 (pre loan) are appaled at the amount of money i get thru my loan and i get the lowest amount (thankfully cos the intrest is murder) available too...

students COULD live on a lot less if they stayed in and studied like they should... but they dont... (me included- but i work)

most students pay about 50-60 a week rent too because the bastard landlords know we havent really got a choice... but then some students whinge about not having any money/tution fees and pay 60+ a week for a house in jesmond.. :wtf:

on the same note many students also have sky/cable WHY?????

i also hear my mates with no job whinge about having no cash... christ! get a fucking job... ive had one since my first week in uni over 3 years ago and found uni perfectley 'do-able' in respect to the amnount of time i spend on my uni work...

personally i think its a good idea.
  3. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Re: Re: £3000 top up fee's for students each year

TOMMY GUN to be leader of the Student Union
  4. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

as a student i have no real issue with the top up fees, in fact if they discourage the dossers from doing non-vocational pointless degrees then bring them in now and get rid of these no-hopers from our universities!

i have to put up with enough people already who have no real reason to be at uni or who don't even want to be there. they are simply there as they don't quite fancy a job yet and money is thrown at them. they make my blood boil, go and do something productive with your lives instead of taking up space in the student union!

:evil:

make fees £5000 p.a. and bring back means tested grants.
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

We don't have a choice though, just go to one of the many dumps in the north east and this becomes very apparent. Go to Tasco and this becomes very apparent, go to Currys and this becomes very apparent... Products are designed to have a short shelf life and be thrown away at as low a cost as possible (so expensive recyclable alternatives are often otu fo the question).

I think Germany have a very efficient recycling program - but this sort of initative has to start from the top and labour has far too many issues to worry about such insignificant dilemas.

Theres little we Joe Public can do except maybe recycle our bottles and paper... The waste problemsis a deep rooted capitalist problem - by the very nature of the market compnaies are encouraged to make disposable products.
  6. scruf

scruf Registered User

Re: Re: Re: £3000 top up fee's for students each year

:lol: :lol: :lol:

aye.
  7. iamian

iamian Registered User

haha thats half of my coursemates gone then!
  8. Guest

Im sitting here in uni at this very minute!! I DIDNT PAY A FUCKING PENNY!! BRING oN THREE YEARS OF DOING JACK SHIT AND NOT PAYING TAXES!! GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT THE BOO HOO

DINGLEBERRY :lol: :angel3: :lol: :lol: